HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Link HereLink Here  RegisterRegister  Log in  SubscribeSubscribe  

Share | 

How long do you hold onto your computers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maflynn
Hieromonk

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: How long do you hold onto your computers   Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:44 pm

This place seems a little quiet here so I figured I should add some content Smile

That being that case, here's my question. How long do you hold on to your computers before you upgrade?
1 year, 2, 3?

For me I try to go at least 3 years but there's been exceptions to that rule but in general if I'll be happy if I get three years out of it. I generally try to sell it on ebay or craigs list which helps recoup some cost. I also typically try to pay cash for it, so it takes me a few years for me to save up the 2 - 3k.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theologynow.net
rogermugs
theologer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: How long do you hold onto your computers   Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:50 pm

maflynn wrote:
This place seems a little quiet here so I figured I should add some content Smile

That being that case, here's my question. How long do you hold on to your computers before you upgrade?
1 year, 2, 3?

For me I try to go at least 3 years but there's been exceptions to that rule but in general if I'll be happy if I get three years out of it. I generally try to sell it on ebay or craigs list which helps recoup some cost. I also typically try to pay cash for it, so it takes me a few years for me to save up the 2 - 3k.

quiet indood (the last few days)
[pin drop]

i hang onto mine about 4 years... but i rotate my 2 year old one off to my wife and then buy a new one myself.

View user profile http://www.theologer.com
Nathan
Xenophile

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: How long do you hold onto your computers   Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:32 pm

Hmm, I lost two computers in a row to lightning storms, so those were about a year apart. Since then, I had another computer for three years. My dad bought me a replacement so I gave it to my brother. I've had the newer computer for two years now and will probably use it for at least another year or two. So I'd say 3 years is pretty close for me.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long do you hold onto your computers   

Back to top Go down

How long do you hold onto your computers
Page 1 of 1